Many people wonder: Should I do Nutrisystem or Weight Watchers? Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers are two established weight management programs. There is no doubt that they have proven themselves in the weight loss market. They both work. They started more than 40 years ago. This is a lot of experience! But is Weight Watchers or Nutrisystem better?
- Nutrisystem is a meal delivery service. Once you join, you will receive food that is specially designed to help you lose weight. You don’t have to cook or buy food from the grocery store. You only need to buy some fruits, dairy, and vegetables to supplement the Nutrisystem food.
- Nutrisystem focuses on the diet part of weight loss. There is very little guidance for exercise. In fact, exercise is not a prerequisite to lose weight.
- You do Nutrisystem on your own. There are no meetings with other dieters as in the Weight Watchers program. There is a forum online where you can find other Nutrisystem dieters, but there is no physical interaction and one-on-one support and encouragement available.
- Cost: $300 per month. There are always some coupon codes around so you end up paying less than $300. Just make sure you find the best Nutrisystem coupon.
- Rate of weight loss: Up to 13 lb and 7 inches the first month, 1-2lb/week there after. Nutrisystem has a more aggressive approach to weight loss than Weight Watchers.
- Unlike Nutrisystem, Weight watchers does not deliver food to your home. It is a program that aims at helping participants lose weight by forming health habits that last for life. So, the program teaches you to make good food choices, and it shows you how to exercise with many video tutorials.
- Weight Watchers offer a holistic solution to weight loss. They tackle both the diet and the exercise part of weight loss. Therefore, the guidance they offer is more complete than that of Nutrisystem’s.
- The emphasis on group support. This is why they offer the famous Meetings where you can get to know other dieters and receive motivation and support.
- Cost: $45/month
- Rate of weight loss: 1-2 lb/week
Both Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers have been proven clinically to help people lose weight safely and bring about clinically meaningful health benefits.